How To Pick The Right Sized Storage Unit For Your Needs
Posted on: July 16th, 2015
When renting a storage unit it can be difficult to decide which size is best. You don’t want to pay more money than you need to on a locker that’s too big, but you also don’t want to end up with your belongings cluttered or crushed.
Choosing the right size of storage until is an important part in keeping your belonging looking good as new while also keeping rental fees affordable. Thankfully there are a few tips you can use when trying to decide which unit is best for you.
- Create an inventory list of every item that you plan on placing in the storage unit.
- Consider whether you’ll be adding other items to your unit at a later date. If so, you’ll need a bigger size than you may realize.
- How much space do your items need? Are they things that can easily be packed in boxes and stored either on shelves or on top of each other? Are they items that take up a lot of room and can’t share space with other belongings? Knowing the answer to this can help better determine the appropriate size of your locker.
- How often will you be accessing these items? If they’re items you rarely use and can leave them stacked in a unit then you’ll need less space than if you need them laid out and easily accessible.
- Choose the size based on how long you’re planning to store items. Long-stay items should have sufficient ventilation to prevent the growth or mold and mildew meaning you’ll need a bigger locker.
Choosing the right sized storage locker doesn’t have to be difficult if you follow these handy guidelines. For more information on safe and secure safe self-storage units in Calgary, or to rent a unit, be sure to give us a call at (403) 508-7787.